Saturday, August 4, 2012

I Love to See the Temple...

The other night, I went and did Baptisms for the Dead with my Dad, and little brother, Cameron in the Draper Temple. I hadn't been in a while, and I was yet again reminded of what a beautiful place the temple is. When I am there, I can really feel that it is, truly, the Lord's house.

I love this so much! :)


I love this quote by Gordon B. Hinckley:
"I am satisfied that every man or woman who goes to the temple in a spirit of sincerity and faith leaves the house of the Lord a better man or woman. There is need for constant improvement in all of our lives. There is need occasionally to leave the noise and the tumult of the world and step within the walls of a sacred house of God, there to feel His Spirit in an environment of holiness and peace."

I love when the temple is referred to as "a refuge from the storm". I love the calmness and peace that you feel when you are inside it's walls. When you are there, you can truly feel "in the world, but not of the world". I also love that you can leave the world behind as you enter through the doors of His holy house.

I am so grateful for temples and living in Utah, how blessed we are to have so many, so close to us. I look forward to the day when I can go to the temple, with my future husband, in a beautiful white dress, and be married and sealed to him for time and eternity. And on that day, I will be able to "make and keep sacred covenants, [and] receive the ordinances of the temple". (Young Women Theme)

Love, Brianna

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your wonderful testimony that you share on your blog! I love getting on and reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete