Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chamber Choir!!! :) :) :)

I love music. I love to sing. Singing is one of my favorite things to do. (: Because of this, ever since 7th grade, I have sang in a choir at school.  I absolutely love it. As I entered High School, I heard more and more about the top choir at our school. I looked up to all of the kids in it and thought, "I really want to be in that choir some day." Back in February, we had auditions so my teacher would know which choir we needed to be placed in for next year. I was nervous as auditions approached. But the day I auditioned, I got a perfect score!! :D :D Imagine that? I was SO incredibly happy!! :D That meant I had made it to Callbacks! (you didn't have to get a perfect score to make it to callbacks, it just made me super happy :D) It took a while to get to callbacks because the date had to be switched around a few times, but finally on March 21st, they had arrived. I will be honest, I was pretty calm going into them. I just figured I would do the very best that I could and see what happens. I was being called back with the rest of the girls (the guys did it in the hour before we did). Basically, we were given some music that wasn't too difficult, we went through it maybe 3 times and then we were called up in pairs of 2 (1 soprano and 1 alto) to sing together. I was one of the first ones called up to sing, and I didn't sing it perfectly (I wasn't expecting to) but I kept going and felt pretty good about it afterwards. Then, I got to sit back and listen to everyone else. After she got through everyone, we were called up in groups of 4, within our voice part, to sing together to see who could blend well with others. There wasn't really a part of the entire process that was terrifying. Yeah, it was a nerve-racking, but it turned out fine in the end. (: After doing that for a while, she dismissed us. I felt good about it, but was very nervous to see if I would make it into Chamber Choir. I also had a bunch of friends who had been called back, so I was nervous for them too.

Fast forward to that night. I couldn't sleep. Hardly at all. I was just so anxious to find out. I think I fell asleep around midnight, but then I am pretty sure I woke up at 4 am and couldn't fall back asleep. I basically tossed and turned for the next hour and a half.

Let me pause the story and explain something. My choir teacher started a tradition several years ago where the current members of this choir wake up the new choir members at about 5 and take them to breakfast the next morning to welcome them into this choir. (Obviously this would be coordinated with the parents) It is supposed to be this big secret, but of course everyone knows about it. So this made me even more anxious knowing that this possibly could happen. Okay. Let's continue.


About 5:30 am I hear a car pull up and some giggly girls get out of it. I hear them walk up to the door and knock. I am thinking, "Oh my goodness, it's actually happening!!!" But I laid there, pretending to be asleep. I hear them open my bedroom door and walk in. I think someone started gently shaking me and they were all saying "Wake up!" Of course, I popped right up! :) They said, "You made it!! Okay, you have 60 seconds to get dressed." So I put on my glasses, threw on some jeans and tennis shoes and I was out the door. We went to two other girls' houses to wake them up, and then we went to another girl's house and had an absolutely delicious breakfast. All of the other kids were there, as well as all of the new ones. I was so happy and relieved to see a bunch of my friends had made it!! :D They had a really yummy breakfast casserole, bacon, sausage, french toast with berries, whipped cream, and buttermilk syrup on top. It was to die for! :D Then we all went home, had to hurry and get ready and get to school. I was exhausted by that night, but it was SO worth it!!! :D

I am so incredibly grateful for what an amazing opportunity this will be!! Next year is going to be such a blast!! I can't wait!! :) :)

Thanks for reading!!
Brianna <3

No comments:

Post a Comment