Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Christ Strengthens

Christ strengthens us.

In the book of Mormon within the Book of Mormon, we read of a sad situation which takes place in chapter two. Numerous wars are taking place and the Nephites are one of the groups of people fighting.

"And it came to pass that when they had fled we did pursue them with our armies; and did meet them again, and did beat them; nevertheless the strength of the Lord was not with us; yea we were left to ourselves, that the Spirit of the Lord did not abide in us; therefore we had become weak like unto our brethren." (verse 26)

I am saddened when I read of these situations. I am also led to reflect on my own life and ask, "How often do I attempt to rely on my own strength instead of turning to the Lord and pleading for His strength.

I definitely want to do better in this area of my life. I know that "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)




I have personally felt in my life the Savior's strength helping me and carrying me through the times that I could not stand on my own. I am so grateful for His unending love for me and His willingness to strengthen me so that I may endure all that I have been called upon to endure.

"The Savior's loving warmth and healing touch life us and give us strength to endure." (New Era, March 1990)

I invite you to turn to the Savior, seek for, and rely on His strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment