Friday, May 18, 2012

Blessings

"What if Your blessings come through raindrops? What if Your healing comes through tears? What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near? What if my greatest disappointments, or the aching of this life, is a revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy? And what if trials of this life, the rain, the storms, the hardest nights are Your mercies in disguise?" (Blessings by Laura Story)

I feel like these lyrics are incredibly profound. It brings up such an amazing point of view that we all should have on life.  I've been thinking a lot lately about the trials and challenges that Heavenly Father asks us, as His children, to handle. It amazes me what people have to deal with. From death, to divorce, to Diabetes, to unemployment; the list goes on. I was wondering why people have the trials that they have, and then it hit me. The things we have to face are just various trials of our faith. They are tests that Heavenly Father has given us to see if we will stay true and faithful to Him even through difficult times. 'And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?' I truly believe that we are only given challenges that we can handle. I also know without a doubt that Heavenly Father knows what is best for us, even when we can't see it or we don't agree with it.

"Sometimes God calms the storm...sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child."

I also know that our trials don't last forever. Even when they seem extremely long, in the amount of time that it lasts, we are able to grow and learn so much from it. I know personally from my trials, that they have given me such a different point of view on life, and my life has been blessed for it. God loves us so much and He will never forget us!

"I will not forget thee. I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands." (Isaiah 49:15-16)

With Love, Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment