Monday, July 9, 2012

12:27 am

I had the most amazing experience last night. I'm going to get kind of personal here, but I've been struggling a lot lately with various things, and last night I pleaded with my Heavenly Father. I needed to feel comfort, love, and peace, all at that moment. After finishing my prayer that was full of my sincerest desires, I climbed into bed and looked at my alarm clock. It read 12:27 am. I immediately thought of part of a scripture that was shared in the Sacrament Meeting in my grandma and grandpa's ward that morning. Ether 12:27. I opened up my scriptures and this is what it said:

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

That's it, I thought. These weaknesses of mine that I'm struggling with can be made strong through the Lord, Jesus Christ. It was an incredible feeling. It was a sure way of knowing that He is watching out for me and willing to strengthen me because He gave me comfort that only the Lord can give. I went to sleep last night feeling each of those three things I needed to feel: love, comfort, and peace. I was so grateful for that tender mercy and I know that it was not a coincidence. I know Jesus Christ lives and He knows me better than I know myself. I love Him with all of my heart, and I hope that I can spend the rest of my days here on earth growing closer to and striving to become like Him.

With Love, Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment