Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Especially For Youth

This past week was one of the most amazing weeks of my life! Seriously, I'm not kidding. (: I had the incredible opportunity to attend EFY up in Logan at Utah State. Not to mention, I went with one of my best friends, Rachel. We had a BLAST!!! :)

Here are some pictures!! :D (sorry - some of these are kind of blurry and not the best quality!)

Me, Lindsey, and Rachel on the first night after FHE

Rachel and I with our Aggie Ice Cream! :) It was so yummy!!
Pizza Night...Fox Den Pizza - 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 feet! Now that's what I call a pizza!! :D
The Aggie "A"
The girls in our Sunday Dress
The guys in their Sunday Best

My company was the best!!! I love them SO much!!! :D
Me, Alicia, and McKenzie
Rachel & I with all of the awesome guys in our company!



This next picture has a little bit of a story behind it...
Towards the middle of EFY, the girls in my company decided that we wanted to do something for each of the guys, because, well, they were awesome! We decided to write a note to each guy. Each of them had a card, which each of the girls signed. This was our gift to them. On the last night, after our last devotional together as a company, we gave the guys their cards. Then, they all got up, huddled, and then lined up to form a semi-circle. They called each girl up, one at a time, and one of the guys gave her a rose. Is that the cutest thing you have ever heard or what? (: The guy who gave me mine was David, who said, "I loved getting to know you." I thought it was so sweet! :D Anyway, this is a picture of happy me, with my BEAUTIFUL rose that night.

This is a video of the EFY Medley: "As Sisters in Zion" and "We'll Bring the World His Truth (Army of Helaman)". It is an incredible song. Unfortunately, we didn't sing it this year, but it is one of my personal favorites, and that is why I wanted to share it!


I learned so many incredible things during EFY. Here are a few of them:

Our need for turning to the scriptures is greater NOW than at any other time.
"If you have not chosen the kingdom of God first, it will in the end make no difference what you have chosen instead." - Neal A. Maxwell

"Do we have the moral courage to stand firm for our beliefs, even if by so doing we must stand alone?" - President Thomas S. Monson
"A testimony is found in the bearing of it." - Boyd K. Packer

And this one is going to be one of my motto's:

"Read and pray every day, and you will be okay."

We have been given this very moment, to open our hearts, and to listen closer.
There is a hope that's burning within us. When we let it spark, it illuminates.
We have been chosen for this generation, and we are here with fair to discover.
We're finding our voices, making the choices. As we live our truth, we help each other:
Shine...bright into a world that's waiting for your light. Lift it up. Right now is our time, to arise and shine.

So let His love guide our lives. And be a beacon that we hold up when we:Shine...bright into a world that's waiting for your light. Lift it up. Right now is our time, to arise and shine!
(Arise and Shine - 2012 EFY Theme Song)

Thanks for patiently reading this really long post!! :D

Lots and Lots and Lots of Love, Brianna

1 comment:

  1. Hi, This is the owner of the Fox's Pizza Den in Logan (the home of the BIG ONE pizza). I saw your picture of the pizza and wanted to say thank you, I hope you enjoyed it, and we hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete