Sunday, October 7, 2012

Homecoming 2012

Wednesday, August 29, 10:20 pm. The doorbell rings.  My family and I had just finished studying the scriptures, and I was in the process of getting ready for bed. I thought, "Who in the world is coming to our house this time at night??" My dad went to the door, opened it, said, "Brianna, it's for you!", and then he closed it. I went to the door, in my PJ's, and hesitantly opened it. I was extremely surprised at what I saw. A bunch of toilet paper was strewn across my lawn. On the front porch, lay a big, fat roll of toilet paper that said, "unroll me!". In front of that, was a slip of paper that read,

"Brianna: Hey! I hope there's enough PAPER to say what I want. I was wondering.....
Do you want to ROLL to homecoming with me??"

I ran outside to gather up all of the toilet paper off of the lawn with my little brother (an order from my parents) and then ran back inside. I took the fat roll of toilet paper and started to unroll it. I came to find out that this mystery guy had scrambled his name, and written one letter at a time on one square, about every 20 squares. As I unrolled and unrolled all of the paper, my little brother was writing down each letter as I came across it.  I finally got to the end, and looked at the list of 16 scrambled letters. It took a minute before I thought, "Could it be?". Then I unscrambled his name, and, sure enough, it was the person I had a hunch it could be.

The next night, I went with my friend, who had also been asked, to drop off our answers. I bought a plastic container and filled it with tootsie rolls. I took one tootsie roll, unwrapped it, wrapped a slip of paper around it that said:

"Yes, I would love to ROLL to homecoming with you!!" 

and then re-wrapped it in its original wrapper, and stuck it in the container with the rest of them. I put a tag with his name on the outside, and on the bag it said, "Unwrap the papers, one by one, and find the answer...oh what fun!" :)

So, now, fast forward 2 1/2 weeks to Saturday, September 15. Homecoming. There were 4 other couples in the group, and for the day date, about 1:30 in the afternoon, we went to one of the guy's houses to play games in the backyard.  We played croquet, Bocce ball, and ladder golf. It was a blast! :D Then I got dropped off at home, at 3:45, and I had until 5:00 to get ready for the dance.  I was running late, as usual, so he had to wait a little while for me. :P When I was finally ready, I gave him a boutonniere, and he gave me a GORGEOUS corsage:


After we left, we drove to a park to take pictures.  Tanner's (my date) sister-in-law was the one taking pictures. I just got them on a disk the other day, and they look amazing!! Here are my favorites (these are most of the pictures she took - I also have each one of these in black and white):

Tanner & I

Our awesome group :)


Jake, Conner, Jack, David, and Tanner

Marissa, Rachel, Sidney, Shaylee, and I

After pictures, we went to David's house to eat dinner, which the guys had prepared. It was delicious!! :D After that, we drove to the dance and had a complete and total blast there! :D Then we all drove home and called it a night. It was such an awesome day for my very first date and dance! :D

Thanks for reading!! :D
Lots of Love, Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment