Monday, April 7, 2014

Choir Tour - Anaheim, CA (Day 1)

5:00 am: Arrival at the high school to board the tour buses and begin the drive to California. I got on the bus and as soon as we started driving, I crashed. This was due to the earliness of the morning and having gone to bed at about 1:30 am. :P

We stopped in Cedar City to do a choral exchange at the high school.  Afterwards, we ate lunch, and kept on driving.

Oh the adventures of the bus ride there. . .
 
Rachel and I in our silliness :)
 
 
After several stops along the way, we made to Balboa Beach.  We got there just as the sun was setting and it was beautiful.



Jessica, me, our lovely chaperone Sister Paulson, and Breanna

On the pier: Noah, me, Kayleigh, Emily, Jessica, and Breanna
(Gotta love our wind blown hair ;))
We got our feet wet (even though the water was really cold), ate delicious sandwiches at a restaurant near the beach, then boarded the buses once again to drive to the hotel.

After we arrived at our hotel, I was waiting for the elevator with the other girls. All of the sudden, the ground started to shake. Things around me were moving and rattling and I had no idea what was going on. This went on for maybe 5 seconds, and then it stopped. Someone said, "That was an earthquake." What?? I hadn't even registered that's what was going on. Later we found out it measured to be a 5.1. Pretty crazy stuff. Well, at least I can say I have lived through an earthquake. Haha :)

Later, we had a girls night and watched "Say Yes to the Dress" and "Something Borrowed, Something New".  It was the best!! :D

Me, Emily, Jesscia, and Marissa

That's it for day 1 of this California adventure!
To be continued...:)
Brianna

1 comment:

  1. Geez Brianna! You are so beautiful :). I just love your smile!! Miss you girlie!

    ReplyDelete