Monday, June 4, 2012

Nothin' Like the Summer

A firefly glowin' on my left hand, used to pretend it was a weddin' band. A tall cool glass of Mama's lemonade, sold from a stand that me and my sister made. We'd count our quarters in the shade, underneath a tree. The boys in the clubhouse are right next door playin' cops and robbers and the Civil War. We'd all meet up at the swimmin' hole, with marshmallow sticks and our homemade fishin' poles, and the stars would guide us home. Oh, those sweet memories.
A blue-eyed boy with the baseball tan, on the ferris wheel he takes my hand. Long, slow dance underneath the moon, prayin' so hard that the night won't end too soon. He whispers, 'I love you', and I melt into his arms.
Well I love those summer days, drifting on by like a slow parade. And everything feels fine in the warm sunshine, when your world unwinds. And ya kick back in your flip-flops, and ya don't care about the tick-tock, and the world is full of music, dreams, and lovers. There ain't nothin' like the summer. I love those summer days.
The sun goes down, and the barbecue's lit, the radio's playin' that summer hit. We all wish these days would last forever!
Well I love those summer days, drifting on by like a slow parade. And everything feels fine in the warm sunshine, when your world unwinds. And ya kick back in your flip-flops, and ya don't care about the tick-tock, and the world is full of music, dreams, and lovers. There ain't nothin' like the summer. I love those summer days...
(
Nothin' Like The Summer by Carmen Rasmusen)









I LOVE SUMMER!!!! Even though instead of tanning, I burn. (: I love how the weight of school is lifted off your shoulders and you feel so free and happy. The clear skies make you feel like you could accomplish anything if you put your mind to it. I love the warm sunshine and the moments 'when your world unwinds' and the relaxation kicks in. I hope that you love summer as much as I do and I hope that you will make this summer the best summer ever!!

Love, Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment