Monday, June 11, 2012

The Waiting Place

In my moments alone, I ask 'Why me?' All the hospitals, doctors, and tests, the endless uncertainty. Is a miracle too much to ask? When I've been faithful in the past?
How can I know what to do? Lord, won't you give me direction? Show me which paths lead to hope. From this path that I'm on to self-destruction. Do my questions have answers? Why has God hidden His face? Why has He left me alone in my waiting place?
In his moments alone, he asks 'Why her?' Why all the suffering and pain when surely God has a cure? Pleading each time he prays, 'Please stop testing my weakness this way.'
How can I know what to do? Lord, won't you show me direction. Show me which paths lead to hope. From this path that I'm on self-destruction. Do my questions have answers? Why has God hidden His face? Why has He left me alone in my waiting place?
As we beg for peace, and trust in His love, we may not get the answers we want, but answers come pouring from Heaven above.
And He whispers, "You will know what to do. Just keep listening for direction. The path is yours to choose. Turn your heart where I beckon. Every question will be answered. So, don't lose your faith. God is here waiting with you in your waiting place."
You are never alone in your waiting place.
(The Waiting Place by Calee Reed)

At different times in our lives, we each feel like we have been left alone in our 'waiting place'. We wonder if the questions that we have actually have answers and if God is really there. There have been times when I haven't known what to do and I have felt so lost and confused. One thing I know for certain about trials is that they are meant to test our weaknesses. They are that way because we are supposed to learn and grow from them. But what I love about this song is that by the end, you realize that all you have to do, through tests and trials, is trust Him. He will show you where to go and He will answer your questions. He never leaves your side, and He is always '[there] waiting with you in your waiting place'.

Never forget that! (:

With Love, Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment