Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I will see you again

Three days ago, I said goodbye to one of my best friends in the whole entire world, and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. We talked. We laughed. We cried. It was the most bittersweet mix of emotions. It was a night I didn't want to end, but goodbye arrived and we couldn't escape its undeniable reality. As I watched him drive away, I was in awe of the peace that filled my soul. I thought I knew for certain I would be falling apart at the seams, but in that moment, I was miraculously being held together by the Spirit of the Lord.
 
Here I am, a few days later, and it is really, really hard. I already miss him terribly. But when I really stop and think about it, I wouldn't have it any other way. It's difficult now, but I know without a doubt it will get easier as time goes on.
 
Today he embarks on a new adventure -- one in which he will serve the Lord and the people of McAllen, Texas. They truly have no idea how lucky they are. They are incredibly blessed to be the ones he has been sent to, to bring the light and joy of the gospel into their lives. He is going to do phenomenal things; I have no doubt about that. :)
 


 
For the next two and a half years, we will be on our own adventures writing the next few chapters of our stories. I am so excited to see what life has in store for each of us and see the change that takes place within each of our lives--a change for the better. It is going to be so amazing, and so absolutely worth it. And until then, I hold onto the knowledge that I will, one day, see him again.
 

 

"I will see you again; this is not where it ends.
I will carry you with me 'til I see you again."


All my love,
Brianna <3

1 comment:

  1. Brianna! That is such a cute picture of both you and Noah :). The next two years are going to go by quickly!!

    ReplyDelete