Monday, August 18, 2014

Golden Gate & the Cali Coast (Day 7)

Have you been to California?
 


I just had to share that song with you because I was thinking about it our entire trip. :)
 
Our first stop was the Muir forest. It was pretty cool. Plus it had a bunch of huge trees.
 
 
 
Next, we headed to another lookout to see if the grand Golden Gate had made an appearance through the fog.
 
Alas, it had!
 
 
My attempted selfie with the Golden Gate. Yet another very, very windy day.
 

We drove across to the other side and found the place to actually walk onto the bridge.
 
It was amazing.
 
 
The view off of the bridge with the city in the background:
 
 
That occupied most of our day, and then we had to hit the road to drive to Monterey.
 
But along the way, we got to see with our own eyes the beauty of the California coast.
 

 
 
We stopped at one of the state beaches along the coast, and got out. I absolutely loved standing there on the sand, watching the majestic waves roll in.
 

 
I had some fun editing this picture with these song lyrics:
 

I really do love the ocean. It is so majestic, and powerful, and beautiful, and amazing. I could sit and watch it for hours. Definitely another highlight of the road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment