Monday, August 18, 2014

San Francisco (Day 6)

August 7th, day six. The day was spent in San Francisco. Probably my favorite day as a whole out of the whole entire trip.
 
We set out that morning, SO beyond excited to see the famous Golden Gate Bridge. We drove to a lookout along the side of the coast, and to our dismay, the bridge was completely covered in a thick fog.
 
 
Despite our disappointment, we decided to attempt to see it the next morning. We hopped back into the car and drove across the bridge into the mesmerizing city of San Francisco.
 
(This was the only shot of the bridge I got that day.)
 

San Francisco is an amazing city. Some of the streets were incredibly steep, and I couldn't believe it. Thankfully mi padre is a magnificent driver, so we made it in one piece. I would describe it as scary, a little stressful, exciting, difficult...but most just an adventure. :)
 
We got to drive on the famous Lombard street--the one with super tight corners and looks like a snake.
 
A bird's eye view of Lombard (I did not take this photo ;)) :
 
 
My view of Lombard:
 
 
That was quite the adventure, and most definitely a unique experience I had never had before.
 
Eventually we made our way to Pier 39.
 
 
It had all these fun shops, and outside was a lovely fruitstand...a very expensive one I might add. ;) We paid more than we wanted to for those strawberries, but let me tell ya, they were the best strawberries I had ever eaten in my entire life. So it all worked out. :)
 
 
The most amazing thing was occupying space on Pier 39.
 
This staircase.

 
 
AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost died. A piano staircase. It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. :') And it gets better. When you walk on it, it made sounds. Like a real life piano. It was fantastic. 
 
It was time for lunch, and after walking for a little while, we stumbled on this cute little pizza parlor.
 
 
I ordered a slice of veggie pizza...behold it's sweet glory.
 
 
And now behold this lovely *cough* picture of me sinking my fangs into my prey...wow, that sounded gory. Nonetheless, it was delicious. :)
 
 
My family and I eating our delicious pizza...never mind my hair was whipping around in that San Francisco wind. Ha ha :)
 
 
My family are HUGE chocolate fans, so we just HAD to pay a visit to the original Ghirardelli chocolate factory. It was just lovely.
 
 
And we just HAD to order a few things off of the menu.
My brother and I shared this beauty:
 
 
An ice cream cookie sundae. It. Was. Absolutely. Delicious.
 
Behold my excitement to be standing in front of the ORIGINAL Ghirardelli chocolate factory. It was wonderful. :D
 
 
The Bay Bridge (so beautiful lit up with all of those lights :))
 

 And that, my friends, concluded day six of this road trip adventure. If you ever get the chance to visit San Francisco, do it. You won't regret it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment