Sunday, June 2, 2013

Choir Tour (Day 4)

SATURDAY, APRIL 20th

Breakfast at Magill's Famous Buffet


Time at the Newseum (SOO cool!!)




Air and Space Museum



We also got to go to the Museum of American History, which was awesome!! :D

After sight-seeing time, we boarded the buses to go back to the hotel to get ready for the awards ceremony dinner/dance! :)

Before we got ready, I got to try, for the first time, astronaut ice cream! Which was surrprisingly good :)


Conner, Jess, Bre, and I


Awards ceremony dinner



Breanne, Me, Jess, and Breanna after we got back to the hotel

It was a little crazy, because we had to leave the dance early. People were starting to feel uncomfortable and the dancing was getting a little out of hand.  Thanks to Warby, she got us out of their in no time. :) It was quite a shock to see how big of an issue immodesty was as I observed the girls from the other schools.

This just made me realize, yet again, how grateful I am to be a part of this gospel.  I am extremely grateful for our high standards, and especially those of modesty. 
I had always heard that we, as latter-day saints, are different, different from the world.  But until I had this experience, I had no idea how different.  And yet it makes me even more willing and proud to be different, because we are blessed with a light, the Light of Christ that only comes from this gospel.

"If you want to make a difference in the world, you must BE different from the world."
- Elaine S. Dalton -


Dare to be different!! :)

Thanks for reading!
Brianna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment