Sunday, February 15, 2015

Christ Calls

The Lord calls each and every one of us.

3 Nephi 5:13 states,

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

As I thought about this verse, I was reminded of missionary work. Not only missionary work, but this can also apply to callings we receive within the church.

The Lord calls us, even every day, to stand as a witness of Him.

To stand as His witness, to be His hands while on this earth.

It is easy to feel inadequate when faced with a calling from the Lord. But I testify that:

"God doesn't call the qualified; He qualifies the called."

The Lord calls us to so many varying capacities. Some He calls to serve in distant lands and far off places. Others, He calls to serve right where they are.

Whatever your calling may be from Him, I invite all of us to hearken to His voice.

When the Lord calls, I hope that we say:

"I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord; I'll be what you want me to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment