Friday, February 20, 2015

Christ Gathers

This characteristic of Christ is one that is a little bit more unique, one that we don't think of often.

Christ gathers us.

"O ye house of Israel whom I have spared, how oft will I gather you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, if ye will repent and return unto me with full purpose of heart." (3 Nephi 10:6)

"The Savior has always been the protector of those who would accept his protection . . . There seems to be no end to the Savior's desire to lead us to safety. And there is constancy in the way He shows us the path. He calls by more than one means so that it will reach those willing to accept it. And those means always include sending the message by the mouths of His prophets whenever people have qualified to have the prophets of God among them. Those authorized servants are always charged with warning the people, telling them to way to safety." (Henry B. Eyring)

Just as these words of God describe, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ gathers us. He is anxious to lead us to safety. He is our Protector. I love thinking of Him in these terms. He is truly our Older Brother and He is constantly watching out for us. Being the oldest, I have never experienced having an older brother brother within my immediate family. But it brings me great comfort knowing that I really do have an Older Brother. He is my Savior, Jesus Christ, He is always watching over and protecting me.

And He always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment