Sunday, June 22, 2014

Changed for good

Believe it or not, high school has drawn to a close.  I honestly can't believe it.  This has filled my life the past three years and it's all I've known.  It is truly incredible to think about how my life has changed during this short time.  I have changed tremendously since the first day of school my sophomore year, when I walked through those front doors into uncharted territory. It was scary at first, but I grew more during this time than I ever have before.

Throughout high school, I have met some incredible people. During a time when I didn't think I would have any friends, I found myself surrounded by a group of people whom I truly believe are the best at my high school. I am extremely blessed to have known them and to have been able to learn from and grow with them.

High School wasn't easy--it was far from easy. High School consists of some of the hardest and darkest times of my life.  And yet, at the same time, it is made up of the happiest and most exciting times of my life.

I have laughed, I've cried. I've been hurt, and healed. I've worried about what the next day would bring, not knowing how I was going to make it. At times I had no idea how things would work out, but they ALWAYS did. No matter what.

Even though I have been hurt by people, it has taught me about forgiveness and loving them the way Christ loves them--unconditionally. Through this process, I have come to know more about the enabling power of the Atonement and it's capacity to heal you.

I have watched close friends suffer through, yet endure some extremely hard challenges. Having gone through incredibly hard things myself, I was able to empathize with them. These hard times brought us closer together and made us stronger.

These friends of mine are some of the most incredible people I spent my time with during my journey through high school. They have taught me more than I could ever repay them for.

I've heard it said,
That people come into our lives
For a reason
Bringing something we must learn.
And we are lead to those
Who help us most to grow if we let them.
And we help them in return.
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you.

 It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime.
So, let me say before we part:
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you.
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart.
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you'll have rewritten mine
By being my friend.

 Who can say if I've been changed for the better.
I do believe I have been changed for the better.

 Because I knew you
I have been changed
For good


This song perfectly explains my thoughts and feelings towards high school in general. I will forever remember and treasure the things I have learned while attending high school. I received countless blessings in so many areas of my life that allowed me to succeed and inspire and be inspired by those around me.

Another quote comes to mind...


Smile. It's that simple. I am sad high school is over and my friends and I are going our separate ways. But at the same time, I will always look back on this time of my life, and smile, because I have been changed for good. :)

Lots of Love, Brianna <3

No comments:

Post a Comment