Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It's just the rainy season

. . . as Hunter Hayes would put it. Ha ha :D So here we are, in June, and it has rained for most of the day. Crazy, right? It has felt like a cool, rainy October day, not a warm summer day in June as expected. I went for a walk in the pouring rain today, and as I held my purple striped umbrella over my head, I was reminded how much I love the rain. It is so refreshing. It is cool and quiet. It is soothing and peaceful. It reminds me of being given a second chance, or a fresh start. Rain washes away the negative so the positive can surface. Rain heals. Dead is brought back to life and given the strength it needs to carry on. Rain is a reminder of the beautiful world we live in. Rain reminds us what is vital for us to survive. Water is absolutely crucial for things on this earth to make it through day to day. Rain reminds us of the Redeemer. He is truly the Living Water and it is only through Him that our spirits can survive. He is vital to every kind of nourishment possible. It is through Him we can live again and be healed. :)

 
 
Being the rainy day that it was, I've had a couple of songs running through my head that I'd like to share with you. They don't necessarily go with what I've been thinking about, but they talk about rain in different ways. Enjoy! :)
 
 
 

Thanks for visiting!
Come back soon! :)
Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment